So I am back again with a mini or huge rant not sure yet, as I am writing this purely from the heart…… Yes I know it will come as a surprise to many but I do have one (it’s Black and full of bats).
Many younglings are graduating, some from high-school and some from college/university.
So let me give you these few words of warning, and you can ignore with the arrogance of youth as is normal, because what would an oldie like me understand how things are today…… Well let us see……
My words of warning are these (and it may make the future look bleak and depressing):
- In life and in work, people will disappoint you. They will let you down when you need them most. Not because they are evil (though many are) but because humans are fickle, and you might be ruining their positive vibe.
- When some one says to you :”Trust Me” hang on to your wallet and priceless artifacts. The people you can trust can be counted on the fingers of one hand.
Be aware that human nature being what it is, that most persons will look out for number one, not because of malice, but becaue it is human nature again to protect ones self.
- NEVER EVER trust someone who tries and negotiate a lower rate for whatever job, especially if they add the infamous words: “We are small now, but we will grow together, and we will increase together and we will be one family”.
You hear those words run, run fast to the hills.
- Do not be naive, people in general do not want what is best for you.
- Work hard, study hard, and it will reward itself. BULL-CRAP, you see if you do not work on your people skills all the degrees in the world will not save you. You need to be able to network and develop human social interaction skills.
- Be honest, yes do that but also learn the art of omission so you aren’t lying but you aren’t giving them 100% truth but you haven’t lied.
- Hard-work pays off! Yes it does but so does networking.
- Do not surround yourself with negativity and toxic people, better to be miserable alone than miserable in a crowd.
- Be punctual that is always a good sign of respect.
- Try not to use expletives and try to keep your language clean.
- Be creative and inventive, push aside those who whisper never…..
So with these few words of advice I leave you, trust very few, and distrust more. You cannot expect people to be honest especially if they are a construct, which let us face it most of the people you meet are……