A thought just crossed my mind, actually it crosses my mind several times a day.
What is up with the civil service? It’s as if we are their slaves. THe police have the temerity to ask people about their religion, national origin, who the hell died and made them gods. Not I!
Here are a few pointers for the civics out there:
- You are in the service of the people NOT the other way around.
- Religion has no bearing on the matter when reporting a loss of I.D. or a crime.
- You are to be respectful, just because you have a uniform and a gun you are not invulnerable.
- You are to treat EVERYONE with respect, since people are the citizens and you are there to protect them.
- Remember this is the age of Iphones and social media and you can be exposed for any wrongdoing you might get up to.
- You are not a God, and you are not all-knowing.
- You above all others should respect the laws, andyes that includes not smoking under a no smoking sign. Throwing trash from your police car into the streets. Using the phone and driving. Smoking while driving. Standing around on the circles speaking on your cell phone, and the list goes on. Respect the law and people will respect you and it.
- Don’t you dare use your uniform to try and score a discount and some swag, you are not entitled to a free ride, you like everybody else should pay for what you use.
- Don’t think that your uniform is a divine protection, because no matter how strong you think you are there will come along someone with more power and influence than you.
This applies to politicians and policemen and anyone in the service of the people. Learn it people learn it well….