Greetings and Salutations Skinlovers!
I was musing on a few things regarding “professionalism” in Jordan.
So I happened to stumble on a few things:
- When replying or sending a professional email, it is advised to refrain from entitling your email with the following: “WTF!” Not a good idea, person on the receiving part can react in two ways, the first being ignoring you completely, the second is default on paying your dues. (no this hasn’t happened to me but I know someone it will be happening to soon!) 😀
- When you sign on for a job, photo-shoot, or advert, you know there is someone running around with a camera to document the “making of” deal with it, and get over yourself you are not that important and besides you signed up to do it, and you were (notice the past tense) going to get paid for it, that was until you made the major mistake of behaving inappropriately towards the publicist, because the picture were posted on FB.
- As long as you are getting paid and you agreed to do the job you should shut your mouth if you didn’t remember to put proviso’s in place.
- Your wife shouldn’t be influencing you and advising you because you might wind up getting the wrong advice.
- Always remember who your friends are.
- Try not to make an enemy of a friend by neglecting to keep your promises of giving them the copies of images.
- Do not try and blame the friend who got you the work for your failures.
- Be truthful.
- Be honest.
- Be respectful to the ones who know what they are talking about.
- Do not put on airs and graces that you cannot follow through on because if you cross a vindictive person, payback is a bitch with their name written all over it.
There are many more examples I can give but these are a few of them, some more will follow, and by the way the worst ones used are “Professionalism” & “Out of the Box” Two things Jordanians crave yet cannot seem to do properly, not all mind you but a majority hence the generalisation…